A top-notch marketing plan is one of the important methods for businesses interested by reaching an outsized audience and growing the bottom-line. Bigger companies spend well into the thousands, some even millions, to succeed in their audience so as to convert them into paying customers.
However, most small to mid-sized businesses don’t have unlimited resources to dump into marketing. Requiring an informed decision on the way to market. Some businesses do alright with traditional marketing strategies and ignore digital marketing completely. Some businesses find that digital marketing works best for his or her business.
Deciding the simplest marketing plan requires a touch of understand of every and the way each strategies work, and the way they will work together.
Digital Marketing Defined
The promotion of products via one or more sorts of electronic media. for instance , advertising mediums which may be used as a part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the web , social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards.
- 70% of consumers want to find out about products through content as against traditional ad methods.
- 46% of all the searches on Google are seeking local information.
- 72% of consumers, who look for local businesses [online], find yourself visiting stores within five miles.
- 64% of consumers say watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a sale decision of theirs within the last month.
Digital Marketing Makes Sense
The majority of people today are spending most of their time online. Connecting with consumers via Social Media, Blogging, Email, just makes sense. Digital marketing allows consumers to find you, thus the more online exposure and visibility your business has the better.
Digital Marketing is also relatively easy and inexpensive to use. Most online sites are free to use, and the paid methods can provide great exposure for the small budget.
Traditional Marketing Defined
Traditional Marketing refers to a sort of promotion, advertisement during which companies used this method within the early period to plug their product. This Marketing includes the print advertisements, billboards, flyers or pamphlets, TV, newspaper, radio, etc. additionally to spam postcards, brochures, fliers sent through the postal mail.
- 79% of households say they read or scan spam ads.
- 39% of consumers say they struggle a business for the primary time due to spam advertising.
- 56% of consumers find print marketing to be the foremost trustworthy sort of marketing.
- 44% of consumers visit a brand’s website after receiving spam marketing.
Traditional Marketing Has Its Drawbacks
Traditional marketing provides little or no interaction together with your audience and maybe very costly. Traditional marketing does allow you to broadcast a message to a targeted audience (mailers by postcode, print publications by industry or interest, etc.) However, it’s more of a one-and-done, where it’s only seen while people are viewing that publication or reading their mail before tossing it into the bin.